The Washington County Nonprofit Network (WCNN) provides networking and training opportunities to nonprofit organizations predominantly serving Washington County, Oregon. The goal of the Nonprofit Network is to provide capacity building supports to improve the stability and success of Washington County nonprofit organizations.
• Most workshops are free for Board Members at Washington County serving nonprofits
• Hosts Annual Funders' Breakfast in September of each year
• You can see our upcoming events and workshops to the right under "Upcoming Events"
• Learn more via a video here
Workshop Series Sponsors
Trimet's Hop Fastpass
As our 9th year of service approached, a critical opportunity to increase internal capacity presented itself. In March, VAN was awarded a 2 year $150,000 grant courtesy of Meyer Memorial Trust to:
2008 Philanthropy Exploration in Washington County (PDF)
1) acquire new knowledge and skills to advance equity through WCNN’s programs and services;
2) evaluate the effectiveness and relevance of WCNN; and
3) develop a strategy to advance equity and increase the impact of its essential work.
Since receiving the grant, WCNN has already made great strides towards its goals. We have:
- participated in Dialogues in Action cohort with Dr. Steve Patty where we produced the report
"Evaluating Impact. Embracing Change.";
- contracted with Bruner Strategies to guide our stellar strategic planning committee, the members of whom have met with experts and covered topics including:
Economic Overview by the Oregon Employment Department,
Demographic Trends by PSU's Population Research Center,
The Nonprofit Sector by the Nonprofit Association of Oregon;
- completed Center for Equity and Inclusion's intensive "Reframing Racism" series;
- participated in Nonprofit Association of Oregon's Equity Leaders Training Series
The Washington County Nonprofit Network grew out of the 2008 Philanthropy Exploration study.
2008 Philanthropy Exploration in Washington County – Executive Summary (PDF)
One of the major findings of this study was the limited capacity of Washington County nonprofits in the area of fund development. To address this finding the study’s Advisory Committee started the Washington County Nonprofit Network (WCNN) to provide opportunities for local nonprofits to network, collaborate, develop skills and build capacity. For more information on the WCNN, please contact Program Coordinator Felicita Monteblanco at 503.846.5792 or
WCNN Steering Committee:
Sara Curiel Paez, Nonprofit Association of Oregon
Prescott Devinney, EdenAcres
Esmeralda Flores, Centro Cultural
Stephanie Hooper, The JFR Foundation
Gini Petersen, Community Action